Terms and Conditions
1. Shipping prices are for Motorcycles less than 2.3 metres overall length and 850mm maximum width. Motorcycles longer than 2.3 metres and wider than 850mm will incur a surcharge.
2. The shipping price includes all documentation, Customs and Quarantine clearance and inspection, both in Australia and the U.K. Container hire, packing, loading, unloading, sea freight and insurance under Marine Cover Insurance, clause “A”, which covers transit damage to motorcycle and accessories whilst under voyage only. (An excess of $500 is the Motorcycle owners responsibility) The customer warrants the accuracy of all information provided in relation to any insurance details and for customs and other purposes. Any such insurance may be subject to exceptions and conditions as may be required by the insurance company accepting risk. In the event of any dispute regarding such policy customer shall have recourse as against the insurance company only and ABS shall have no liability or responsibility in relation to any insurance policy.
3. Your Motorcycle will be returned to the Australian or U.K. port from which it was originally shipped.
4. Once your non-refundable deposit has been paid, the price quoted for 2013 is firm.
5. Aussie Bike Shipping is not responsible for any loss, damage or delays in the shipping process. ABS reserves the right to decide the manner or procedure to be adopted for any of the various acts necessary to put into effect its services. ABS shall have no liability by virtue of any changes in rates of duty or any change in tariff or by virtue of any saving that may have been effected had the services been performed in a different way or time
6. Motorcycles must be clean enough to pass the stringent inspection to be carried out by Australian Quarantine Inspection Service (AQIS). Motorcycles deemed not clean enough by AQIS, will be transported to a “Quarantine Approved Premises” (QAP), cleaned and re-inspected at the motorcycle owners expense. Your bike must be immaculately clean.
7. The price does not include any cleaning of your Motorcycle.
8. Petrol tanks must only contain a minimum of fuel.
9. Both battery leads must be disconnected, the terminals bound with insulation tape and cable tied or taped to the frame.
10. Panniers and top boxes must be unlocked and attached securely to your Motorcycle.
11. AQIS and Customs must be able to access all internal compartments of your Motorcycle
12. Vin and Chassis/frame numbers must be visible and legible.
13. Any riding gear, boots and helmets must be spotlessly clean, dry and securely fastened to your Motorcycle.
14. Any Australian owned motorcycle imported or re-imported into Australia requires a “Vehicle Import Approval. This must be obtained by the Motorcycle owner, from the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government prior to shipping. This is the Owners responsibility.
15. Overseas owned or registered Motorcycles being temporarily imported into Australia require a “Carnet de Passage en Douane” (Carnet). If a Carnet is required, Owners must obtain one from their local motoring organisation prior to shipping.
16. Motorcycles are to be delivered to the Shipping Depot 3 days before the sailing date
17. A non-refundable $500 deposit and a completed Booking form are required at the time of booking.
18. The balance is payable in full by 1st February 2012. Your booking is considered cancelled if full payment is not received at this time.
19. Any storage fees for early drop off or late collection are at the Motorcycle Owners’ expense and are to be paid directly to the Freight Terminal operators. Pending forwarding and delivery, the goods may be warehoused at any place at the sole discretion of ABS at the customers expense
20. A photocopy of the following documents is to be supplied when your Motorcycle is dropped off for shipping: title page of your passport, Motorcycle Registration documents, Vehicle Import Approval or Carnet and a Packing List.